Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Praise the Lord! He does amazing things!

I am absolutely astonished at what God is able to do! He allowed me to raise 6,500 in support in about a month! WOW! I am utterly taken aback by the generosity of my family, friends and church family. God provided financial support in difficult economic times which is such a huge blessing and encouragement. Admittedly, I was hesitant to wholeheartedly jump into preparations for Greece because I knew that there were so many things that had to fall into place before I could hop on a plane. I was nervous about finances, subletting over the summer and general support. How foolish was I! I knew that this was what God had called me to do this summer and I should have been confident that he would have His hand in all of the preparations. Now I am set to join the rest of the team in Greece in just a few days!

The support that I have been getting the last few weeks, the sheer excitement that all of my peers and loved ones have been expressing, has been such an amazing blessing. Every time I saw my friends in RUF, they ALL asked me about how support raising was going and encouraged me with prayer. I have been so fortunate to have such an amazing family of believers here at school. They have been essential in my spiritual growth here at UCSB through their love of  both Christ and me.

Another huge encouragement has been from the intern team that I will be serving with in Greece. I have never met Rachel, Camille, Tyler, Joanna, Trevin, Elise or Kelsey but they have shown me so much love already! I have talked to them on facebook and they have told me multiple times how excited they are to meet me and how they are praying for me as I take finals and prepare to meet them in Greece. As I was looking through all of the pictures and blog postings about a week ago, I stumbled upon one that I was tagged in. Kelsey and Elise had taken a picture with their arms around an imaginary person and tagged me between them. I don't know why but I was so touched by this. I almost started crying because it was so sweet! I know, I am SUCH a sap! Haha I am just so excited to meet all of them!

Most importantly, though, I have been encouraged and comforted by God's word. As I was reading through John the other day, I was struck by how many times Jesus id described as comforting others. I especially liked the passage John 14:1-4 which says:

"Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, trust also in me. In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. You know the way to the place where I am going."

God asks us to trust in Him and assures us that He has saved a place for us with Him! This assurance of his abundance of love is such a beautiful personal promise that encapsulates His goodness.

Sorry this is such a long post but there have been some pretty neat things happening lately! I  have been so blessed and loved and God is really revealing that to me. Thank you all for your love and support!

Love,
Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment